Say Goodbye to Skin Tags: Safe and Effective Natural Remedies for Removal and Prevention

Skin tags on your skin might make you feel insecure and less confident. Before getting sentimental, I would like to share my personal experience of how I treated my skin tags by embracing them. You can directly skip to what I did or read first on my experience to help you gain the confidence to follow what I practice to say a smooth goodbye to skin tags.

In this article, I will discuss three main methods I follow personally to remove skin tags and how to prevent them from occurring.



💚My Experience with Skin Tags

Skin tags were quite familiar to me since childhood as I had seen them on my grandma's and mother's skin. I never thought they would pass on to me until they started appearing on my skin. Initially, I thought it was okay since my parents never bothered about them, but later, they became more noticeable after my pregnancy when I started to gain weight and developed thyroid issues. Skin tags are typically a by-product of something happening in the body, such as obesity, infections, diabetes, PCOS, etc. Thankfully, most articles mention that skin tags are harmless. Therefore, I am here to share my skincare routine that prevented skin tags from appearing in the first place.

Understanding What Skin Tags Are

Skin tags are outgrowths of the skin that connect to the existing skin through a stalk. They can be small or large. My advice is, if you are unsure whether to accept them or not, first identify the cause and treat it accordingly without trying all the harmful things out there. If you cannot self-evaluate, go to a dermatologist and get your blood checked for any health issues. If you are sure to go to the doctor, you can skip the rest of this article. However, if you want to give it a try, please continue reading.

How to Remove Skin Tags?

I will be mentioning all the methods to remove skin tags that my parents used to do in the olden days and other latest methods. Every method mentioned is intended to make the growth die by some technique so that it comes off by itself. 

1. Hair Knots for Skin Tags

Yes, you read that right! I heard from my mother-in-law that in the olden days, there were no salons to remove tags or blackheads. So, what they did was tie a knot with one hair around the stalk of the skin tag very tightly. After a day or two, it would come off by itself. 

Hair Knots for Skin Tags
What happens here is that the blood circulation to the tag stops, and it is pulled out, just like a pumpkin leaves its stalk. Hair is natural, thin, and strong, so it is an excellent alternative to a hair knot. Instead of a hair knot, you can use dental floss.

2. Garlic Juice

Garlic is highly rich in antibacterial and medicinal properties. It is not just for consumption; the application of garlic juice is also good for healing skin issues. Apply two drops of garlic juice over a single tag and leave it. 

The natural enzymes present in garlic shrink and dry out skin tags. Please be careful as garlic juice can cause irritation or burning for some people.



Application: Take a few drops of garlic juice on a cotton plug and apply it to the tag. Try applying it twice a day and test it on your hand for any irritation or burning. In my case, the burning sensation is what actually removes the tag. Apply it directly to the tag. 

3. Tea Tree Oil

This is a painless and smooth remedy to remove your skin tags. The oil dries out the tags from within and helps them fall off on their own. Tea tree oil is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.

Tea Tree Oil

Application: Wet a cotton plug and squeeze out excess water. Pour a few drops of tea tree oil and press it on the tag. Repeat three times

I personally use Rey Tea Tree Oil that I bought from amazon. I am happy with the product as it meets my budget (below 15 $) and gives results. As it has tremendous other benefits, it's a life-saving purchase. 

💛Note for My Readers
I have personally tried and tested these three remedies, which is why I don't have a long list of 10 to 20 tricks like other blogs. However, I will update the post if I find any new effective remedies to share with you.

Together, we can say goodbye to skin tags! These harmless yet pesky growths can cause insecurity, but don't worry - there are safe and effective natural remedies you can try. By embracing your skin tags and understanding what causes them, you can take preventative measures and use methods like hair knots, garlic juice, and tea tree oil to remove them. 

Of course, if you're uncertain about your skin condition, it's always a good idea to consult with a dermatologist. But for those who want to try a low-risk solution, these natural remedies may just do the trick!

Comments